Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

There I was, 21 years old, fresh out of college and starting my first career. I sat through funding school completely unable to control emotion. My faith was being tested as I was desperately attempting to cling to the word of God and the truths He promises. Tears fled from my eyes as I pondered what it would look like to conquer the daunting task of raising a year's budget in 4 short weeks.

I went home that summer and experienced a very B*I*G God do some very incredible things... full-funding in 3 weeks, safe travel to a new home ACROSS the country and the start of an amazing work in my heart.

Now that I'm applying for a part-time job to supplement some funding, those same anxious feelings that displayed themselves so freely upon my face 21 year old face, have returned.

I'm asking for your prayers. Not just for the provision of a job but more specifically, for my walk with the Lord. Pray that this is a season that draws me inexplicably closer to God. Pray for His word to be food to my soul and the very thing that sustains me. Pray that I would claim His truth instead of the lies that I'm so prone to believing. Please, ask me on how I'm faithfully walking with God during this season.


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:6-7

Thank you for being in this with me.

No comments: