- I'm blessed to be working for the Navigators. I don't know if I can expound upon every blessing that I have, but I'll try to list out a couple. I've been able to have an impact on the lives of others. This includes the many of you who support me or have even taken the time just to listen and hear about what I do. The ripple effect is much larger than I can imagine. I'm just thankful that I to be play a part in this.
- No other job would allow for me to travel across the country for days at a time. If I worked in any other profession, I'm sure I would have had to save up vacation time or put in for more hours in order to go home for 8 days and touch base with my friends, family and supporters.
- My life has been drastically impacted. I write about this almost in every newsletter and blog post... but its true. While I was home, I heard numerous times of how I've been changed and how evident this was in every part of my being. None of this would have been possible without you praying for me and walking alongside me.
I've been thinking of this because my first week back in California was a bit tough for me. It was as if I was present on the west coast, yet EVERYTHING else about me was in Cincinnati. My heart, my thoughts... I longed desperately to be back where things were comfortable. I shared this with Kate, who always knows how to speak truth so plainly into my life. After I finished stating that I could do this job at UC, she looked at me and simply said, "Its a good thing God doesn't call you to what's comfortable." It was a smack in the face that was desperately needed. Not that God would not have worked so powerfully in and through me had I stayed in my hometown... I've just seen so much more of Him through moving and trusting Him with everything.
Now that I've been back for a couple of weeks, I'm beginning to be reminded that I'm here for a reason and that blessings are sure to come. Jesus did not ask the disciples to leave their comfort zones and all that they had known just to make and keep them uncomfortable. Look at the impact they've had because they were obedient to leaving what was comfortable and following Christ.
Anyway, these are just a few thoughts I wanted to jot down. I'm here and its because I followed Christ. I'm looking forward to what the Lord has planned for this coming school year. I will continue to cling to Deuteronomy 1:29, 30 "Then I said to you, 'Do not be in dread or afraid of them. The LORD your God who goes before you will Himself fight for you..." I'm looking forward to watching how the LORD with fight for me and to see how He exemplifies His strength in this coming year.
Please keep praying for me and my student friends of CSULB:
- Our Student Ministry Team will join our staff team August 26 & 27 in order to fellowship, prepare for the new school year and to catch up with one another.
- Currently, we still have a few students serving around the country and overseas through summer training programs and missions trips. Please pray for the rest of their time, that the Lord would continue to keep them safe and continue to teach them new aspects of His character.
- Funding has been a CHALLENGE this year. I've been in a rough/slow spot for a while. I've had a few set backs lately and I'm struggling to remain encouraged. Would you pray that God would be moving and would continue to provide the funding I need in order to share His good news to CSU Long Beach?