Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Fundraising, Updates and a little more...

"You're gonna make it. I have faith in you. And you're gonna have a fun time in the Philippines. I will pray for you...", says my friend Casey as he walks out of my front door. I really like hearing statements like that. Although, at the same time, they are hard to believe. I want to have faith I'll make it. I want to trust that everything is falling into place. Its just when I don't see all the fruit from my labor, I get ridiculously discouraged. I have been at home in Cincinnati for almost a month now. Since I've been here, my main focus was to get nearly 75% funded before I left for overseas. I don't exactly know where I'm at right now, but I don't feel confident at all. I feel like I don't know what to do. I guess I should stop complaining about how discouraged I am and truly take some bold steps with my amazing Creator.

With all of these feelings circulating in my head, I am brought back to my favorite saying. "God delights in the seemingly impossible." I realized this last year when I needed to raise over $30,000 for my salary and receieved more than what was actually needed. I also realized this thought again when my life looked radically different from how it does currently. I walk with a new step. I strive for better goals. I have a deeper faith in a God who has proved time and time again that He is able. So I will cling to that favorite phrase of mine and continue to press, on because God always has and always will provide.

"I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." -Isaiah 41:9-10

No comments: