Pages

Monday, June 18, 2007

Feeling Encouraged...

This past weekend was incredible. I have been praying that I would continue to experience the power of God. So what happens?? I have two Navigator reps fly out from their homes and visit with me for the weekend. They treat my Pastor to a very classy lunch at J. Alexanders, and then visit my church on that following Sunday. We went up front and introduced ourselves. I spoke about the Lord and all that He is doing in/with my life. I received praise and many encouraging remarks at the end of service. It has truly been amazing to cling to the Lord so closely and watch Him work in ways I never imagined.

So as the title says, I am definitely feeling encouraged. I am not up to where I need to be so that I am fully funded. I still have a large amount of money to raise. Despite the realities I am facing, I know that I have an incredible God who always provides when needed. So I do not need to worry because my circumstances do not look the way I wish they did. My God is powerful and that's all that matters.

In other news, I LEAVE FOR THE PHILIPPINES IN SIX DAYS!!!!!

Now that is something I'm slightly freaking out about. To know that I am leaving the country for an entire month is definitely scary. I've never left before and I have no idea what to expect. I'm nervous and scared that I will offend people because I am not used to their culture. I'm a bit afraid to be bold with the Gospel, (even though I know I have nothing to fear). I fear rejection because I have different skin color than everyone they are used to seeing. Yet again despite all of these fears, I am reminded that I have a God who is bigger and stronger than any of these things that could potentially stand in my way.

So please continue to pray for me. Pray that God will continue to show me His power. Pray that I will be fully funded on time. Pray that ministry in the Philippines will be eye-opening, inspiring, and amazing. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

spartacus21 said...

i'm so happy for you. i'l ltry calling you later!

Emily (Christensen) Henry said...

yay for blogging!!