Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008

Don't Stop Believing

Wow... end of summer? Already??

I'm shocked that tomorrow school starts for CSULB. I spent this evening hanging out at the Joshua House (Ben, Ernest, Dane, Dan, Dan and Shawn) and met TONS of new people. Some were new freshmen and others were previous friends who hadn't had the chance to reconnect. Its cool to watch people come together and spend time with one another. Fellowship always amazes me. Its also refreshing to be around people who care about one another and the Lord. I needed this time as well. I feel like right before the school year starts or some big event happens, I'm always under some spiritual attack. This time... its my keys. I've lost my car keys and my house key. I spent an amazing day, yesterday, with some very special girls from ASU. After running around together, hanging out at different beaches and exploring southern California a bit... I realize that keys are NO WHERE to be found. I've checked everywhere. I'm trying to not be distraught and upset... but its so frustrating.

So my reminder tonight was the simple fact that God is God no matter what. He's continually in control and He will provide in whatever way possible. My role is to continue to praise Him...even when it hurts or when I'm super frustrated. The easy way out/way to quit is to just throw my hands in the air and claim to be finished. I've noticed that in these past couple of weeks, I've been hearing that I should just give up. I should just give in and claim that I'm no good and neither is God. Then I'm reminded of how much Christ gave for me and how much the disciples suffered for Christ. My struggles are light and momentary. There are bigger things to focus on...like people who need to hear some Good News.

He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. (Colossians 1:13,14)

Another reason for why I do what I do.

I press on for the glory of Christ because He endured the cross on our behalf.


Some prayer requests:

*Pray for me as I continue on this quest for my keys.
*CSULB and the start of a new school year
*The survey tables outside of the dorms: Parkside and Residence
*For my sister who welcomed precious Michael Jay Young into the world 12:58est Sept 1. He weighed in at 8lbs 15oz!!! As Monique called him... "He looks like a little turkey dinner!" I can't wait to meet him.

No comments: