Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

Fundraising can be encouraging and discouraging.

I'm starting this off by saying that I think God and I must communicate through music. He's always providing a background song for whatever situation I may be in...

This time it was Relient K "For the moments I feel faint"





Anyway, I just got a little overwhelmed. I thought I should blog about it. Funding is tough but I just checked my account and added a few people and my little bar graph went from 22% to 24%. That's a sweet feeling! Its a little slow, but still going. As the song was playing in my head, I began to realize the message that it was sending me. I'm doing this whole funding thing so that I can continue to share Jesus with college students. I should not underestimate Him. Obviously, the money will come in at the appropriate time. I can no longer doubt that I will get funded. Every need I have will be provided for.

I sat with a friend today and we talked about life, money and jobs. We talked about how good it feels to finally do something you truly care about and get excited for. If you do something you hate solely for the money, then there's no point in doing it at all. I love my job and couldn't be happier to have a career at 23.

I think I feel a little more encouraged about the whole funding process I have to walk through.

Thanks for reading. Thanks for praying. If you give, thanks for being a part of this. I (along with a lot of ASU Navigators) appreciate your partnership.

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; in Him my heart trusts and I am helped; my heart exalts, and with my song I give thanks to Him." Ps. 28:7

No comments: