Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Talk so sweet....

"Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." Hosea 2:14

In the NIV, instead of wilderness, the word used is "desert". I believe this is why I have ended up spending the craziest two years of my life in Phoenix, Arizona. God knew I needed out of my comfort zone in order to hear the sweet and tender things He wanted to tell me. Moving wasn't easy... I left behind many friendships and lots of comfort. I left the only place I truly ever knew. Now, I'm ready. I'm ready for the next chapter of my life. I'm ready to listen for the sweet things God wants to say to me... whether I'm in the desert or not. I believe I'm finally stepping into whom God designed me to be... and I'm finally excited about all of that.

What are some of the sweet things I've heard our amazing Creator say to me? I've heard Him say that my shame doesn't belong to me any more. We sing this song at church and one of the lines is, "Sin has lost its claim/My soul has lost its blame/We've been lifted up from the fall once and for all." Because Jesus died on the cross, all of the blame and shame I've always felt no longer belongs to me. Freedom. Sweet, sweet freedom. God has also shown me how beautiful He thinks I am... now, that's amazing. I don't have to search any longer for an identity. I have one because of Christ. I'm dearly loved. Sought after. Paid for. Free. These are a few of the things I've heard God say to me. I am excited to hear what else He desires for me to know.

No comments: