Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Watching God at Work

One thing I love about road trips are the sweet conversations that result from being cramped in a car for multiple hours. On our drive back to Long Beach from Sacramento, I talked with Kathryn, a second year at CSULB. She shared at our large group meeting that sometimes its hard for her to pray, sing, read the Bible or focus during the message. Many times when she attempts to do these things, physically she begins to feel ill. So during our car ride, Kathryn talked about despite these things happening to her she is still wanting to read through the Bible. Right now she is reading through Matthew and had agreed to read with me. Together we are discovering truths in God's Word and some of the answers to her questions.

Will you keep praying for the time that Kathryn and I spend together?

Other news:

  • Tiffanie and I are trying to start an Investigative Bible Discussion (ibd). After a couple of delays, we've spent the last few weeks calling people from our spiritual interest surveys and feeling out if there is still an interest to do a bible discussion. So far we have heard people express some interest, yet no one has come. Would you pray that tonight, Tiffanie and I would meet with a couple of girls interested in discussing the Bible?
  • This week is the National Collegiate Staff Conference with two days of a Staff in Training conference. This will be a time of teaching and encouragement. I am looking forward to connecting with fellow laborers and friends. I'm also hoping that this week is a time of rest and rejuvenation.
  • Emily and I are leading our student ministry team ladies in a bible study called "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore. This has been a precious time of discovering truths for our lives and learning how God truly desires to set us free from the bondage of pain, sin and brokenness in our lives.

Lots of things are going on. I'm encouraged as I trust God with all of these ladies I've been meeting up with and getting to know deeper. Thank you so much for praying through these things with me.

No comments: