Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Internal and Eternal

It's 1 am and I don't know why I'm blogging....

Possibly because I always process my life and things that God is doing during the wee hours of the morning. Here are my thoughts right now.

Today was our "End of the Year" Luau and it was a bit hard. I realized earlier in the day that this was my last event with the ASU Navigators. Wow, sometimes I'm still in shock that 2 years has already gone by.... anyway, leaving this place is and will be hard. I have made some incredible friends here and I don't want to leave them. As I hear about plans for next year at ASU, a part of me becomes jealous and is tempted to question my decision to move. I know that what I am doing is good... God is good and He's the reason why I'm doing it. But leaving behind the old and comfortable SUCKS. Who wants change all the time?

So, while one side of me is venting and desperately attempting to cling to what I know in Arizona, another side... one of reason... kicks in. I am reminded of John 17:3, which says, "And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent." This is a part of the prayer Jesus is praying in the garden... right before He's arrested, tried and sentenced to crucifixion. I am reminded that I'm in this job and I minister on campus because I desire so greatly for people to know truth... the truth about God and how His truth will transform lives. I think this has to be more important than my temporary comfort or discomfort level.

So Jesus, I resolve to serve You and You alone. I pray that the Good News would ring out throughout the campuses of Arizona State and Long Beach. Thank you for how you've transformed my life and used me to impact the lives of others. Thank you for great friends at ASU. Please continue to bless the Navigators here at ASU and all of those whom they will interact with. I pray the same for Long Beach. Please help me to always serve you whole-heartedly. I love you. Amen.

1 comment:

spartacus21 said...

And we will miss you too...the thing is..I feel confident God would not have called you away unless he had some equally amazing friends ready in Long Beach to chill and laugh with you as well. I know..i know..just as cool as Alicia, no way! But it's possible! ;) I'll be praying.